Sunday, 2 June 2013

June Challenge: In less than 30 minutes

Hello everyone, Susan here, and it's June...
so we have a new challenge for you!!

Make a creation in 30 minutes...
I am going to show you two cards that you could easily make in 30 minutes!!

Just look at these lovely 12x12" double sided sheets, 
stickers, embellishments and 'color mist' from Studio Calico!


I love using 12 x 12's for card making as they can be used with fancy folds to make the card base!

Each of the card bases I am about to show you could be made in a matter of minutes. 
It is always the embellishing that takes the time!
Even so each of these probably only took me 15 minutes.
I designed both to fit in a normal 'letter size' envelope (4.5 ins by 6.25 ins).

Card # 1
This is what you see when you take Card #1 out of its envelope...
instead of a stamped image I have used a sentiment from the Studio Calico papers.
 All the papers are Studio Calico as are the stickers.



Pull the card open and up pops another sentiment - again Studio Calico stickers.
This is a 'wiper' card.




Card #2
This is what you see as you take the card from the envelope...


Undo the bows and this is what you see...




All the papers are Studio Calico. The reverse side of the paper is seen through the punched windows.

The wood veneers were coloured with the colour Mister Huey Splash Mist. 
The butterflies were cut using one of my dies on the Big Shot and tied together in threes.

To find out how to fold these card bases take a look at my tutorial on Monday!
I went for a maybe an "Anniversary" card and a "Friendship" card
 but they could be embellished any way you choose...

Happy Crafting!

Materials Used

Embossing Tool
Big Shot and butterfly die.
------
A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project "in less than 30 minutes"
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album June Challenge: In Less Than 30 Minutes
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: June 30, 2013
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic, bright and cheerful cards that are a wonderful shape/fold. A great challenge as well.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Susan!! Can't believe you made them in under thirty minutes! Especially the second one. It has such details and a lot of area to cover. :)

    Looks like this one will be fun to participate in, and thirty minutes is a good amount of time.. Just to confirm, I hope the time taken in getting things ready and in order before I actually start the project, doesn't count. Let me know! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever you deem is the correct time is fine Nikita. We do not want to put any restrictions and make the challenge even harder. :)

      xxNeelu

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I can do this under 30 minutes lol! I might have a severed fingers when I'm done lol! :D
    But these are wonderful cards and awesome tutorial, Susan!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Sue! What a great challenge! Nikita, if your desk looks like mine, it won't be a problem, everything is on the table already, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz... Then I'm sure it won't be a problem for me either.. Everything is on my table.. ALWAYS!! :)

      And I'm glad I am not the only messy one ;)

      Delete
  5. Great Cards Susan :) Cant believe you made them in 30 min!

    pixiedustinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.