Thursday, 6 December 2012

December Challenge: 2012 A Review

Good Morning friends!

Can you believe 2012 is almost over? Time sure flies fast! I had a lot of highs and lows this year. It was a year filled with mixed emotions.. thus I have a lot of fond and not-so-fond memories to remember this year.. and how better to do that than make a 2012 - a Review layout! :)

So here you go..


I chose to add a lot of embellishments on my layout. I must say both my layouts that I share with you guys today is inspired my one of my favorite scrapbookers.. Donna, who is also a part of our Designer Team. :) I just love they way she plays with embellies on her layout. Love love love her work!

There are a lot of little detailing on this layout.. One of my favorite is the twine I've used here. And how cool are those alphas.. I am crazy about Alphas!! Ask Neelu and you'd know.. I just keep hoarding them.. I mean.. you never know when you'd need some alphas.. so i always keep a stock ready.. ;) 




 I also splattered a bit of stamping ink around the layout.

Supplies used:

                                Amy Tangerine Sketchbook Paper Pad 6x6
                                My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing Love 12x12 pattern paper
                               Crate Paper Little Boy Blue Thickers
                               Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic Chipboard shapes
                               Pebbles Crimson Glitter Foam Thickers (from the Christmas kit)
                               Echo Part This and That Christmas: Alpha Stickers
Die Cuts:                 Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Chipboard Shapes
                               Pink Paislee Artisan Resistible Butterflies
Twine:                    My Mind's Eye - Follow Your Heart - Be Happy Twine
                              October Afternoon Sidewalks Wrap Pack
                             
The second layout screams YELLOW!


So my one and only dearest uncle, whom I fondly call 'Mams' had visited us in Dubai last month.. I love him to bits and he surely deserve a spot in my scrap book.


Stuck some twines on this layout too.. Am loving the effect it gives..


I added some color on to the die cut butterflies using some Tattered Angel's blue mist. For the background I sprayed through punchniella strip and splattered some stamping ink randomly on to the card stock.



Supplies used:

                                My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing 'Honey' 6x6 Paper pad
                               Dear Lizzy Glitter Letter Thickers
                               Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Chipboard Shapes
                               Hero Arts Midnight Black Accent Pearls
Die Cuts:                 Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Chipboard Shapes
                               Pink Paislee Artisan Resistible Butterflies
                               October Afternoon Sidewalks Wrap Pack
Others:                   Glossy Accent
                              Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist - Blue Skies
                              Black Punchinella Strip

That is it for now. I hope you guys liked my layouts and are inspired make one of your own..

xoxo
- Shruti

--

A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page and/or a Project with the theme '2012 In Review'
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: December 31, 2012
Prize: AED 25 Gift Voucher to the Store



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.