Saturday, 3 November 2012

November Challenge - Punches and Die cuts

Heya crafters!

This is Shruti here and I am going to share with you my take on this November Challenge - Use punches and Die cuts in your projects.

This is my first attempt at making an altered frame. Infact, I made not one but three such frames. I love words, texts, quotes and some of my favorite poems framed and hung on the walls of my home... so that I can look at them everyday and get inspired. If I could, I would want to fill every wall of my house with such quotes.. :)

You can ether get them printed and framed or do what i did.. add your personal touch and jazz it up..

So, I decided to go for a very simple yet very positive set of words for my living room.. I believe one word quotes are more powerful and effective to motivate and inspire you..


My first frame says.. "Live well"! The best part of the frame are the three Pink Paislee Artisan Resistable Butterflies. They are mistables and look gorgeous when misted. But I wanted to use them naked here. How cute are they?!! 

The letters were hand written on a white foam and then hand cut.. later I went ahead and colored it with Jenni Bowlin Lemon Drops Paint Dabber. The blue diagonal stripes on the corners of the inside of the frame is a MME The Sweetest Thing Reasons Why Decorative Tape.


If you look closely you can see that I've sprayed some Blue Skies Glimmer Mist through a Crafters' Workshop 6x6" Brick Template. Right now its one of my  favorite stencils.. They actually look best when used with Gesso! I've also used Rangers Baby Blue Stickles around the pattern paper.. In person they look even more sparkly!! I just love it.. I think it adds that special something to your projects.. :)


 The flowers are a mix of die cuts, punched flowers and stickers.


I wanted to maintain some consistency in all the three frames I made.. so I made the inside corners of all the three frames some what similar to each other.  


This one is my favorite from all the three mostly cause this one is the most sparkly from the others.. If you look closely you can see I've dipped the corners of the pattern papers in pink glitter..


The Hydrangeas were punched using Martha Stewart Medium 3 in 1 Hydrangea Punch and stuck together. Pretty, aren't they?!

So, which of these three frames did you like the best?! Do let us know in the comments below.. :)

Supplies used:


Until next time..
xoxo
Shruti

--

A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page / a Card / an Altered Project having Die-Cuts and/or Punchwork
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: November 30, 2012
Prize: AED 25 Gift Voucher to the Store

7 comments:

  1. OMG OMG!!! Shruti!! Where have you been hiding...this is like way absa-freaking-gorgeous.
    I love the consistencies in the 3 frames as well as diversities. its not often you see crafters thinking on the lines of the true design principles...this set is gone straight to my heart...so when are you gifting one to me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I had the same thought when I saw her frames - where has she been hiding??!! It's good to have her back :)

      Thank you for your kind comments Tejal
      xxNeelu

      Delete
  2. Wow ! All three of them are amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a set too.. Wow.. What balance and beautiful colors used.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Trio!!! Love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job Shruti.. I has blown me away!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.